This is Roan Mountain. Last Saturday Chad and I went to Tennessee and enjoyed the day just doing some mild trails and some sightseeing. It took us about an hour and a half to get there, but it was almost worth it. Unfortunately we didnt get to spend quite as much time there as we anticipated due to some unexpected company and a cookout we had that night, but we enjoyed the day trip nonetheless. The hike up the mountain was about a mile long, and when we got to the top we couldnt see a thing (as you can see). The brochure looked so appealing we were disappointed that we couldnt see anything. We know that the long range views would have been incredible.
The ride to and from Tennessee was also a sight to see. We went through some small towns such as Banner Elk and Elk Park, and they just had the coolest old buildings!! It almost made Chad and I want to renovate another old one....almost
Today we are hiking the backside of Grandfather Mountain, and I am so excited. I think we are going to do the eight hour hike, so I must get goin, i will have some more pics soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment